Guidelines for Community Business Booth
The idea of a special Community Business Booth arises from the fact that most businesses in the community are not eligible to be vendors at the Market. Vendors of The Wolfville Farmers’ Market must be primary or secondary producers of their product and a principle owner of the Business must attend the Market (unless attending another Farmers’ Market in the province). In order to create an opportunity for businesses to promote themselves at the Market a special booth for this purpose has been conceived.
The Guidelines for this booth are as follows:
- All businesses that wish to attend will fill in a Community Business Booth Application form . The Application can be filled in and notification of the application sent by email to
or dropped off at the Info Booth of the Market.
- The Contact for the Community Business Booth is
- You will receive a 5*7 foot area that fits a standard 6-foot table. If you haven't your own, let us know and we will let you know if we have one you can borrow.
- Any Wolfville and Area business with a registered business name is eligible to attend and promote their business.
- Community Business Booth vendors may sell any Candian-made products available for sale in their business. Atlantic Canadian-produced product are perfered as the market is a center for local products.
- Community Business Booth vendors may sell any Fair Trade products
(which may not have been made in Canada) for sale in their business.
On a case by case basis products that have not been certified as Fair Trade but have a demonstrated social justice component may also be
- Business owners are encouraged to attend, rather than staff alone, as this is the expectation of the Farmers’ Market consumer.
- Businesses can use this Booth once per season (a maximum of 4 times per year).
- Businesses will be accepted to attend the Booth on a first-come first-serve basis.
- On the day of Market, Businesses will be required to do their own set-up and tear-down, to provide their entire set-up: 6 foot table, tablecloth, displays, promotional materials, products for sale, chairs to sit on etc. (Chairs are available at the Acadia venue.)
- Set-up is to be complete by 8:30 am when Market starts and tear-down is to wait until 2pm when Market is over.
- Unloading can be done from the front or side entrance. If loading from the front entrance, please do so and then move your vehicle out of the way in a timely fashion.
- Parking is available for vendors in the West lot only, or at public works (drive around and park, and you can just walk across the tracks to get back to the building)
- If selling food products, be sure to also fill in the Food Safety Checklist (Download: Word Doc / PDF) which involves being in touch with the Food Safety Specialist.
- Table Fee: The table fee for casual vendors who come to the market on occassion is $50 on Saturdays and $35 on Wednesdays (taxes included)
- Fees are paid to the Angela when she does his rounds to collect fees from 9:30am - 11:30am
- This is a new initiative and I don’t think it is done at other Farmers’ Markets so we look forward to your feedback and hope you have a positive experience promoting your business at the Wolfville Farmers’ Market.