Guidelines for Community Not-For-Profit Booth
The purpose of the Community Booth is to offer community organizations an opportunity to let the community know they exist.
- We do not admit religious groups.
- We do not admit political groups.
- We admit any other Not-For-Profit Group.
- We do not admit For-Profit Groups (including other Coops unless a mutually beneficial collaboration is developed).
- We do allow on a case by case basis government initiatives like: Going Green, One Tonne Challenge and Community Sustainability. We allow these particularly when these projects relate to agriculture, community development, sustainability.
- Organizations can become ‘repeat occupants’ by having access to the booth maximally once a season, but these repeat occupants may be bumped if there is a one timer group with a specific deadline (for a certain fundraiser, usually). We allow groups to access the booth one Saturday and one Wednesday per season.
- The primary purpose of the booth is for you to share information about your organization and the services you offer to the community. Please have a display or some take home information at your table for this purpose.
- Additionally, organizations can sell items such as raffle tickets, t-shirts, buttons and calendars but not items that are in conflict with market products from vendors: i.e. Applewicks doesn’t sell candles, but only hands out information.
- Please bring your own table and chairs, and be able to fit inside a 7'x5' market space
- Set up should be finished by 8:30 am. Tear down begins at 2:00 pm. Displays are to remain set up for the duration of the Market
In addition to offering a space to Not-for-Profits, we will list links on our website to groups who use this service. We would appreciate a link to our website (www.wolfvillefarmersmarket.ca ) on your website, as well.
Due to the popularity of the Not For Profit Booth bookings often need to be made a month or more in advance. Indicate if a specific date is required (ie: for a fund raiser, or to sell tickets) and attempts will be made to fit you in.