Vendor Application Process
Step 1: Read the Policy and Procedural Manual
- The 2012 Policy and Procedural Manual - All Vendors are responsible for reading and understanding these in there entirety! Really! In order to be a vendor you will need to print these off and sign them as having been read and understood. Hey, maybe not so much fun....but its full of useful and important info. We encourage a culture where vendors are informed and offer feedback, where they are part of the process that makes us stronger and more cohesive and better able to nourish our community.
- Fees: You are likely wondering what the fees are.
- Casual Vendors: pay $50 (tax in) on Saturdays and $35 (tax in) on Wednesdays
- Contracted Vendors: Each space offers different services and there are four different sizes of booths. There are bonuses for greater commitments. And so it is too difficult to simply post the fee for a booth. However the fee range for a contracted booth on Saturdays is: $38-$54 (PLUS tx) ; and on Wednesdays is: $23-$39 (PLUS tx) or combined fee for both: $54-$80/week (PLUS tx)
Step 2: Fill in the Annual Vendor Administration Form
- Annual Vendor Administration Form (May 2011-May 2012) - New vendors who wish to apply to attend the Wolfville Farmers' Market as a casual or contracted vendor must fill in the Annual Admin Form.
Step 3: Communication with the Market Manager
- The Market Manager will automatically be notified when you fill in your Vendor Administration Form and will be in touch with you within two weeks to determine whether there is room for you in your product category for the period requested.
Step 4: Casual Vendor or Contracted Vendor
- Casual Vendors: After you have read the Policies and Procedures Manual, filled in the Annual Vendor Admin Form, received word from the Market Manager about your status as a Casual Vendor, please also read and follow the Booking Process for Casual Vendors.
- Contracted Vendors: The Market Manager will fill in the details for your contract and then you will meet with the Market Manager to go over and sign your contract.
Step 5: Applying for Membership
- Member Manual - Twice a year the Membership Committee (which is Committee of the Board of Directors) accepts applications for Membership. Members must have attended the WFM as a Vendor for a minimum of 20 weeks. Read this for mor details if interested in becoming a Member. The Vendorship will be informed when there is a call for new Member applications by email.
Frequently asked Questions:
1. How much does it cost to be a vendor at the Wolfville Farmers' Market?
Casual vendors pay: $50 (tax in) on Saturdays and $30 (tax in) on Wednesdays
Contracted Vendors: Pay fee for service. Each space offers different service and there are four different sizes of booths. There are bonuses for greater commitments. And so it is too difficult to simply post the fee for a booth. However the fee range for a contracted booth on Saturdays is: $38-$54 (PLUS tx) ; and on Wednesdays is: $23-$39 (PLUS tx) or combined fee for both: $54-$80/week (PLUS tx)
2. Do you have tables and chairs for vendors? No we have no tables or chairs to offer vendors, they must bring and provide their own.
3. Can Vendors leave their set-up installed? Contracted vendors attending both the mid-week and Saturday market AND located in the Mercantile area of the market may leave their booths installed throughout the week.
4. If I am a not-for-profit organization, can I have a booth at the Market? Yes, click here for the application and booking process.