Wolfville Farmers' Market Volunteers
Want to Volunteer at the Market?
The Positions are:
Info Booth Greeters
Want to get to know your community in a deeper way? Info Booth Greeters get to know the community organizations, the musicians, the vendors and the shoppers. These volunteers welcome the community with a warm greeting from our Information Booth to ensure they know they can receive the best possible customer service. From the Information Booth they will help shoppers find vendors and products they are looking for, sell Market Merchandise and Raffle Tickets, or talk to shoppers about upcoming events or Market initiatives.
- Commitment: we ask that Info Booth Hosts commit to working two 2-hour shifts during the Market per month
- Qualifications: strong Communication Skills, organizational skills, positive and outgoing, interested in food and culture, community minded, money handling experience
Good Food Hub Assistants
Do you want to be involved in food education? The Good Food Hub Kitchen Assistants will assist the Good Food Hub Coordinator with Programs, Cooking Classes and Demonstrations being held at the Market. They may also learn about how to use all the kitchen equipment and then help train others renting the facility on how to properly and responsible work in the kitchen.
- Commitment: we ask thatGood Food Hub Assistants commit to volunteering for at least 2 out of 4 programs (cooking classes and food matters) in the Fall or in the Spring.
- Qualifications: passionate about food and nutrition, food safety training an asset, strong communication skills, positive and outgoing, community minded, money handling experience
Do you like kids? We often are looking for leadership or assistance in programming for kids... be it face painting, crafts or activities.
- Commitment: one 3-hour activity per month with kids
- Qualifications: crafty, fun, interested in using natural or recycled materials, organized, good with kids, teaching experience appreciated
Do you like to decorate? The Market has major events that require decorating skills. If you have a knack for decorating, especially using natural and reused elements, join the decorating team and share your festive spirit with the whole community.
- Commitment: two events and every event includes one meeting, the gathering of materials and making homemade decorations in advance of the event; plus actual decorating time at the Market
- Qualifications: artistic, interest in natural materials, teamworker
You will need a vehicle as we have a monthly poster distribution list that takes you throughout the Valley. If you have one afternoon a month to offer, and a vehicle this might be just the ticket for you.
- Commitment: 4 hours/month monthly for a minimum of 6 months
- Qualifications: have a car, reliable, available the first week of every month
Bloggers/Writers/Social Media Experts/Photographers
Help us spread the word about local producers and our Market through the power of your voice... write about us, blog about us and our vendors and the local food movement, take great photos and share them with us for website or facebook page, and of course you can always tweet and post facebook messages.
- Commitment: one article, blog, photo shoot per month for a minimum of 5 months
- Qualifications: strong communication skills (written), community minded, engaged in the food and culture hub of the valley, independent, curious, a promoter
Woodworkers, landscapers, painters... help us keep the Market looking fresh by offering your skills to maintain and improve the infrastructure of the Market for all to enjoy.
- Time: one day’s labour within a year
- Qualifications: carpentry, landscaping, painting